Please Support Us
We are very pleased to have established recently a new long-term agreement with the University of London which provides a secure home for the Library, but with higher costs. The Societies also established in 2014 a new charitable company, the Hellenic and Roman Library (HARL), in order to manage their participation in the Library, and to ensure long-term security. HARL is responsible for paying the Societies’ proportion of the operating costs, which includes the cost of employing the librarians.
HARL has recently launched a fundraising campaign in order to meet these rising costs, and to maintain and enhance the Library as part of a world class research facility for future generations, to equip it to meet the challenges of research in the digital age and to adapt to future changes, and to provide scholarships for students and teachers to visit and benefit from the Library’s collections.
You can help by:
- Making a Gift Online donation form
- Making a monthly or annual donation Download a brochure and return the response and direct debit form by post.
- Leaving a Legacy Download a brochure and if you would like to let us know you have remembered us in your will, please return the response form.
- Adopting a Book
- Amazon Smile: HARL is registered with Amazon Smile, a scheme which donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice at no extra cost: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/chpf/homepage.
- Give as you Live: is a free way to raise money for charity at no extra cost to yourself when you shop online. There are over 4,000 participating stores, including eBay, Asos, M&S, Selfridges, and John Lewis. Click on Sign up Today on the Give as you Live website and choose the Hellenic and Roman Library as your charity. When you are ready to shop, go to the Give as you Live site or app and select the store you want. As long as you access the store via Give as you Live, your donation will be counted: https://www.giveasyoulive.com/
US donors may also use the British Schools and Universities Foundation (http://www.bsuf.org) to make a donation. The BSUF website gives full instructions. Donations may easily be made online (enter the Hellenic and Roman Library when asked for the institution) or by cheque (again please specify the Hellenic and Roman Library).
Gifts of £1000+ a year entitle you to annual membership of the Friends of Minerva. Those who let us know they intend to leave a legacy will be invited to join the Apollo Society. Members of both will receive invitations to an annual reception and other special events.